Wednesday, 30 September 2009

Databasing in the Museum World This Week





It has been rather quiet at work lately - lots of databasing so that everything is ready to go online in a couple of weeks. I can't wait, its what we have all been aiming for over the past two years! I shall let you all know when 'Operation St. Aubyn' is complete.


As for Queen Elizabeth and the Plymouth Strawberry... well now I think it was that she used to have one pinned to her dress, rather than embroidered... still looking for the text where I read that. Family tree is going along nicely. My camera is broken however, so I am waiting for my crazy-botanist friend who is never without his. He will be with me introducing Plymouth Strawberries back in to the wild this weekend. What fun!

2 comments:

  1. That's so wonderful you get to re-introduce a plant. I remember when they re-introduced the Frankliniana tree and then I read about how the dawn redwood was rediscovered in China - somehow these rare plants seem to be even more cherished than the ones we see every day. I must remember to remind myself that all the plants are to be cherished. I've always wanted a dawn redwood and I think I will plant one the next place we live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea it was pinned to QE 1's dress better.

    ReplyDelete