Thursday, 23 February 2012

What a day

What a day, and I still have 5 hours to go... other than painting, I have had to emulate a rainforest climate in my room and have now got dripping wet towels everywhere and the heating cranked up. I have spent 30 minutes huffing on all three orchids. Got to keep them happy and I think they like the human contact. I am also exhausted from the painting.



So painting - it's crazy stuff. It's suddenly slowed down in progression. Not sure why - maybe it just got fiddly... Anyway, I am about to finish Cindy. I am not sure if I want to put the Maidenhair in or not now... Can I have suggestions please? I was going to put Marian in the bottom right and a few fronds on the left as well. I thought the leaves echoed the shape of Milly's petals rather well, but now I am not sure... I think I am bottling a bit!

3 comments:

  1. Maidenhair fern? Make it easier on yourself Jess - ... May I suggest it's a little heavier on the left side - can you bring in something of the same depth as the left hand side flowers - even if it's just a bud or unfurling flower between the two stems of the softer colours on the right?
    I really like the composition flow as it is on the page - has a lovely arc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good suggestion Vicki, I was thinking about doing that, but I worried that it would disrupt the arc and in an odd way make the left look very heavy. I also don't think I can bare to do another Milly, they are such a pain! As you say - too many spots on orchids. They are driving me mad. I think, as I am okay with leaves, I am going to go ahead with Marian. I just seemed to have lost my nerves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess, this looks amazing! The tones on the orchid are so rich. Can't wait to see the finished painting.

    ReplyDelete