Thursday, 5 April 2012

by Meriel Thurstan


This new book has been written by Meriel Thurstan and is due to come out in the late summer of 2012. The publisher is Batsford. I love botanical illustration books so why I am posting this one in particular? Well, I understand that some of my work will be included this one! I am very pleased. Meriel was kind enough to ask if I had anything that could be used and so I sent over a disc of my work for her to look at. I have just found out that three of my pieces have been chosen for it. I wish I could see some proofs - me being pernickety I worry about the overall quality of the print as they are using my dodgy photographs, but all of Meriel's other books are so beautifully done I really ought not to worry. I am sure it will be another excellent book, even if I do say so myself!

15 comments:

  1. Of course you should be published! The first of many Jess. Such good news - congratulations also on your Diploma with Credit on the SBA Distance Course. A huge achievement considering your start to the course with a broken finger, working full time, many travels and other commitments and managing to complete in time with such limitations.
    While the marks are important, more importantly is the ability to have your work seen, network and promote and get to know those in the industry you are interested in.
    Well done, so proud - can't wait to give you a big hug in person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki! It's good news all round.. onward and upward. I am getting so excited about seeing you - not long now!

      Delete
  2. AMAZING! Congratulations you beauty! This is fantastic, and congrats on your credit!!! Fabulous day for you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steph - not bad huh?! Must send you dosh... what's your address? I'd rather send a cheque to you if that's ok? x

      Delete
  3. Congratulations Jess,Such great news .Your work deserves to get seen; what a dream xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire - great to hear from you. Its's definitely a good start isn't it?! I was lucky Meriel contacted me. She's a lovely lady.

      Delete
  4. Jessica, congratulations for both good events."In bocca al lupo" for the book. I'll see it
    ciao

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so exciting Jess, may it be the first of many publications.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lets hope so! Maybe a nice, fat coffee table book next?!

      Delete
  6. Huge congratulations Jess; you worked so very hard and you deserve this. :) xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie, that's really very sweet of you.

      Delete
  7. That's really great news Jess, congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations and best wishes - such exciting news!! I'll keep my eye out for the book. :)

    ReplyDelete