Friday, 8 June 2012

Monstera problema


This is the other painting I am working on, (although I am likely to have to re-do due to rubbish paper). I love it. I have been looking at Swiss Cheese Plants for a while and thought I'd get cracking on with a leaf. I am calling this Monstera problema because it represents how I felt yesterday when painting it. I had some rather gutting news and to me this leaf with all its holes and incompleteness represents that.


It's on a very large board which I found dumped in a street in Kew. It's a bit awkward to manoeuvre around my room but it's really helping my posture and makes me feel much more professional.

5 comments:

  1. I see what you mean about the board....no wonder you nearly came a cropper negotiating your room!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it's looking great already ... am thinking of you and hope all is well.
    Good to see you painting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki :) Yes - it's really good to paint, can't believe I waited so long!

      Delete
  3. Swiss Cheese plants are great fun and do sort of sum up life. Full of holes and gaps! Good to hear that your find is helping, I still use the one I pinched from my old school art dept. Sorry to hear bad news loomed, try to keep smiling Jess. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Jarnie, yes - it's a great little find just got to stretch the paper properly... I really want my own Swiss Cheese Plant but will have to wait until I have the space I think!

      Delete