Meine Mandlebrot #1
So I have managed to get a bit more completed... I guess you can see the pattern now and where my end point is. Finally there is some bilateral symmetry appearing! It's been a year and half since I started this piece, so even though I want to get this finished by Christmas, it might not really be complete until July next year looking at the rate of progress. Still, I am hopeful and still aiming for a Christmas deadline as I have other work to do.
With this piece I still have to decide on what I am doing around the edges... I wanted this one to be a rectangle, so I have spaces to fill in at the top and around the sides. I am not sure if it's been mentioned, but it will eventually be part of a set - my 'Mandlebrot Set'. There will be a circular one and a triangular one and if I can keep going, eventually a hexagonal, pentagonal and octagonal - all in their own colour schemes. This one will go in the middle as a long piece. Better get cracking!