Sunday, 29 July 2012

Slowly getting back to normal


With my bloods having come back normal after being on a sugar-free and low carb diet for 6 weeks I am pretty pleased. Slowly getting my health back on track, but it's taken time and alas I haven't been painting as much because of it. I find myself being quite energy deficient after a day at work - too tired to paint. But I have been thinking... and the next batch of paintings have been planned!

Still plugging away at the Bare Necessities Project and was impressed when I spotted digital food labels in Marks and Spencer's yesterday. A sign of things to come I feel... mini LCD screens showing a short film of what to do with your asparagus. I felt like I had walked into a sci-fi film and had to pinch myself. Then it dawned on me that I really am alive in the 21st Century, in the 3rd millenium and this is that it's like - digital.

Been reading about Alighiero Boetti - will do a post about him next I think. I like his embroidery work and just the way he worked. Gutted I missed the exhibition at Tate Modern, but at the time I was knuckling down to completing the SBA course and that's probably why it escaped my radar.  


I did a bit on Monstera problema last night, just a couple of houses bit it all counts.


Monstera delicosa - a work in progess

6 comments:

  1. That leaf already looks stunning! Glad you are feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alena. Well I don't feel that much better, but the blood chemistry seems to be better which I guess is a start!

      Delete
  2. So glad to hear that you are getting better Jess. Sounds like the holiday did the trick. I love the delicate washes going on this leaf, it's going to look great. Keep well. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jarnie - yes I noticed a huge difference in how I felt when on holiday! I am glad you like Monstera - me too :)

      Delete
  3. Ciao Jessica. have a look to my blog, there is something for you, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. The leaf looks wonderful and I'm enjoying your commission updates too - lovely line drawings. :)

    ReplyDelete