Thursday, 26 July 2012

 The Three Kings



Just a quick sketch this one... It is the view from Henry's mum's house in Riogordo, Spain. I love the Spanish landscape - the big blue skies and the contrast between the mountainous areas with the fields and groves. I surprise myself when I say I like it, as I usually go for luscious areas like Sideman in Bali, but I do find Spain appealing too. I like the openness. Whenever I am in Spain I feel like conquering the world. It's landscape fills me with boundless enthusiasm, energy and optimism.


5 comments:

  1. A really beautiful sketch Jess, so full of atmosphere and expectation. I love places that fill you with positive energy and a sense of peace. The Scottish Highlands, when I am on top of a mountain with complete silence, and a view as far as the eye can see does it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful painting Jess, interesting to see a landscape ... have never tried one myself but will one day. The colours in this are lovely. I liked your words here too, they also painted a picture of how you felt ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki. I used to do a lot more landscape/seascape painting... just lost the passion for it when I left home. I do believe that no landscape is as beautiful as the one in which you grew up in. I'd love to see you do some in Australia - would be fascinating to see.

      Delete
  3. This is a wonderful landscape you have done. Is it on board? The Spanish country you have captured so well reminds me of the deserts here in the Western USA. We used to love going to the Anza Borrego Desert for just that same feeling you have described about Spain. Here is a link to a post I did about a trip we made:

    http://bluestarrgallery.blogspot.com/2011/05/anza-borrego-desert.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. Great to hear from you. It's on Sanders Waterford paper. Great link - I love the colours and textures on the old truck and the bark of the palo verde tree.

      Delete