Wednesday, 7 November 2012

Handmade envelopes


Been busy making envelopes today out of old magazines. I quite like these types of envelope - they have a real 'feel good' factor about them. I think household bills should come in envelopes like this to soften the blow.


I went for a walk around Kew this morning with my housemates. It's looking gorgeous at the moment - very Autumnal and empty. There's nothing quite like having Kew Gardens to yourself!  I am about to try and do some painting now. Rather delayed but better late than never.

4 comments:

  1. wow they are fab Jess.
    Must visit Kew next year, Not been since I was a little girl. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Claire. Been busy writing all my thank you cards after my birthday! Yes do come to Kew! If you come before the 14th April you'll see the David Nash show, if you want to see Rory McEwen - come after the end of May 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated birthday, Jessica! I too have just had a birthday and wish I had thought of such an original way to make envelopes for my thank you cards ... recycling at it's best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ingrid! Oh yes - I do like these envelopes - the best magazines are seed catalogues because they have lots of lovely flowers on them :)

    ReplyDelete