Wednesday 5 February 2014

Popping up in the London RHS show April 2014

On Saturday a remarkable thing happened - I opened an email.

This was no ordinary email... This email was from the RHS...

They had written to ask me to create a mini pop-up studio for the London Orchid and Botanical Art Show this Spring!


I was so pleased! Absolutely chuffed to bits. It's like receiving the royal seal of approval with the added bonus that I will be doing what I love to do the most - interacting with the visitors and promoting botanical art and the work that we all do.

So, drum roll please... (I have wanted to be able to type this paragraph for some time):

I can now announce that I will be exhibiting some of my work in the RHS London Orchid and Botanical Art Show in Vincent Square on Friday 11 and Saturday 12 April 2014. The pop-up studio will feature me and my paints, paper and pencils (not sure if I can bring in Caroline in her plant form and Drew) and probably a whole load of leafy goodness. I will be selling prints of my work and should hopefully have some postcards for sale then too.

I will be on hand to answer your questions all day whilst demonstrating how I do my work. My painting hours will be from 10am-5pm on both Friday and Saturday and I am very much looking forward to meeting you all. 

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations and so well deserved!
    Wish I could be there to see you - lots of photos and videos to look forward to.
    Clever girl, I am sure there will be many more wonderful emails like this in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki! I wish you could be here too. Oh the world can seem so large sometimes :( I really hope this is a stepping stone, but regardless it's going to be so nice to meet lots of artists and art lovers and to see all the orchids. Such a valuable opportunity which I shall relish. Jut got to start planning what I want to be painting on the day and how I am going to do the display.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations Jess!!!
    I'm delighted for you, and although I wont be able to attend, I'll look forward to reading all about it.
    ahhh....happy days.
    Coral

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Coral! Will definitely have to do a write about the experience. Argh! So much to prepare...! Should be really great fun though and will give the whole RHS experience a great boost having a mixture of artists demonstrating on site.

      Delete
  3. Oh thank you Renata! I am going to need the luck. Starting to get very nervous already. I am going to order prints tomorrow and postcards in a few weeks. It's all a bit scary, as for me, quite a bit hangs on this. Much love to you. x

    ReplyDelete